Video calling, movie streaming, web browsing...£200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crandoggler

What do I need?

I'm just about to head off to Norway for a couple of months and would like something that can do all of the above and more.

I'm after a device that I can make video calls on (skype), watch netflix on, watch 'other' streaming videos, web browse and listen to music on. I don't need anything which can edit videos or photo's, or to run large games. It has to be relatively fast, lightweight, a screen size no smaller than 13" and the ability to take USB hard drive's for video's and photo storage.

Am I after a chromebook? Or something else?

Oh... £200 maximum!

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Not sure if you can Skype on it but the Kindle fire is recommended but you need to buy Prime as well to get the videos, film and music. Can probably be done for just under £200.

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

I'm not ideally looking for a tablet as I'd like to enjoy movies on them. That's not an option unless I buy a case, but then I know full well that I have nowhere to stand it in my room (don't ask). So a 'proper' laptop shape would be best.

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

I'm toying with the Toshiba Chromebook 2 and the HP Chromebook 14 at the moment. HP can be had for £160, but I can't see one before buying one. Toshiba I can.

OP
OP
Crandoggler

Crandoggler

It seems almost ridiculous to buy a Windows/MacBook now. Unless you really need offline access. What's the point?

Top Bottom