Video Editing Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hi All,

My son has produced a few computer gaming videos, which he has put onto YouTube; he has asked me, if I could get him some software that will enable him to put some 'special effects' in his videos - such as change the background.

Can anyone suggest some software that might meet his requirements and will be easy to use ? As I'll be paying for it, please suggest something that isn't extortionately priced.

'Ta' for any suggestions

AndyRM

XOXO

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Hi All,

My son has produced a few computer gaming videos, which he has put onto YouTube; he has asked me, if I could get him some software that will enable him to put some 'special effects' in his videos - such as change the background.

Can anyone suggest some software that might meet his requirements and will be easy to use ? As I'll be paying for it, please suggest something that isn't extortionately priced.

'Ta' for any suggestions
Im not sure if it will do everything he wants but OBS is used by a lot of streamers on twitch and youtube

https://obsproject.com/

AndyRM

XOXO
I have the pro studio flavour (I think that's what it was called) that was about £170 around 18 months ago.

Pretty smart bit of kit but does require a decent video card /processor to get the full benefit (I have neither so often the preview lags terribly until it is rendered and published, which is painful)

The price went up when it was sold to Magix earlier this year. I reckon Sony managed to keep it cheap but the new owners are a much smaller outfit.

Top Bottom