Video help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steam Pig

I've seen some some really good videos online which show the route taken animated in the clip, showing points of interest etc. I've had an early garmin virb for a while and have recently upgraded to a virb ultra 30. My videos so far have just been still and the odd motion clip set to background music, and now I'd like to insert some route info as well, but have no idea how to start, any help would be appreciated.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Do you mean load the gpx into mapping software, save an image and insert that into the video as a still caption, or something fancier?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I may be getting ahead of myself s bit here but, can this be chopped into sections and overlaid onto video images?

Using the free version, you would have to download it and edit it yourself. If you take still images as you cycle and allow them to be loaded to Strava, then Relive will pull them down automatically and embed them in their video. see the demo video at https://www.relive.cc/about

If you want full editing capabilities then you would need to pay for that.

OP
OP
Steam Pig

Steam Pig

Thanks, I haven't really used Strava, but I'll have a look.
Do you know of any online video tutorials which are more dedicated to cycling activities?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Garmin has some free software for the Virb camera that allows you to overlay gps/power data. You don't have to have Garmin camera to use it.

Top Bottom