video: I'm the Invisible Man!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
jig-sore said:
so who's gonna be the first to post a you tube montage of all the best/worst incidents with the queen song "The Invisible Man" as a soundtrack ????
I nearly downloaded that and added it... but then couldn't be ar$ed... and anyway YouTube would just take it away almost straight away (probably). :becool:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
User3143 said:
I would have been out more, keeping pace like that you need to be in the middle of the road.
I was (almost) in the centre of the left hand lane.... the middle of the road would have been a bit odd though, batting down the dotted line and around traffic waiting to turn right... :becool:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Well obviously it's crap driving. We can't change that driver's poor driving there, but we can improve our own riding, and our "herding" of car drivers. A big part of the reason I film is so I can learn from what I did wrong and improve myself. Sharky might not like to hear it, but IMO it's fair and valid feedback, I hope he'll take it in the most positive way.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
BentMikey said:
Well obviously it's crap driving. We can't change that driver's poor driving there, but we can improve our own riding, and our "herding" of car drivers. A big part of the reason I film is so I can learn from what I did wrong and improve myself. Sharky might not like to hear it, but IMO it's fair and valid feedback, I hope he'll take it in the most positive way.
I'm all for positive feedback, I'm just a bit unsure where you are suggesting I ride though. The road is 2 lanes here (RH for right turning, LH one for straight on) and I'm in the centre of the LH lane. If I go much further out I'd be "between" the lanes and thus tempting someone to undertake, surely? :tongue:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
That's not quite true - you're in the gutter when the convertable passes you in the single lane section. That's where you need to be further out, as it's your actions here that will likely affect what the next driver does a little further on. Stay further out at least until you're past the cyclist IMO, at least in that specific set of conditions.

It's all still technically one lane until the lane markings begin in the queue, although I accept that common practice and car positioning will make it harder to control as the road widens. I don't think there's much risk of undertaking given how narrow the lanes are, and you could have been positioned properly away from the edge without leaving enough room for an undertake.

addictfreak said:
Just watched this video clip, I think she would have my cleats down the side of her car!

I was thinking the same.

BentMikey said:
You fibber, you'd be hiding inside your front wheels! Besides which, the driver would never have dared to come that close to you.

If I was on an upwrong however, but as you say, I am an evolved cyclist, not one of these neanderthals. :tongue:

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
BentMikey said:
That's not quite true - you're in the gutter when the convertable passes you in the single lane section. That's where you need to be further out, as it's your actions here that will likely affect what the next driver does a little further on. Stay further out at least until you're past the cyclist IMO, at least in that specific set of conditions
Aaah, yes, back there I was a little less assertive than usual as I was basically trying to merge behind the convertible (my lane merges into his) without losing too much speed (i.e. didn't want to brake to get behind him so kept further left than I usually would to allow me to keep my momentum without ending up in the side of his car, hence him being a bit forced onto the cross hatched part :tongue:).

It's a bizarre bit of road redesign... it's made it far worse than it used to be with all the fresh paint. I think it's still viewable on Google as it used to be.... here. It used to just inform drivers that the lanes merged, but never actually "forced" them to merge before splaying back out to 2 lanes.... it was harder to control in one respect (wider) but overtakes were often better as the road markings didn't "force them across" into you.

Top Bottom