Video of my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I've not watched it all because I found the combination of double-speed and the low camera aim made me feel motion sick, but I'm disappointed to see a narrow gravel cycle track. The county council hates bikes, eh?

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

Yeah I agree mjr. On the way home I angled the camera up a few degrees. Trouble is, if it were real time people would die of boredom! Nice of you to think it was double speed - most was x8 and some x20 ! I really wasn't cycling fast as it was hot...

Perhaps I'll do it again. It's really aimed at those local to me who may want to ride that route. Got a feeling it's the harbour authority's route rather than the CC and while I do feel a bit spoilt with the countryside I ride through, the route is certainly aimed more at leisure cycling.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
:laugh: x8 would make motion sickness more likely I guess. I tend to favour chroma-fades or whatever it's called between excerpts of interesting or representative bits. It's been a while since I published any of them, though. Maybe I should.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Nice looking ride.
One point, why don't you get a cheap GPS Bike Computer?
I use a Garmin Edge 200, cost me about £65...waterproof and saves risking your phone on the bars in case of an accident.

OP
OP
roger06

roger06

Yeah I've thought about it. I find the phone with MapMyRide works well and I have a couple of years' rides now logged so don't really want to move systems. I think, unless the phone came out of the pouch if I had an accident, it would be OK as it's on a part of the bike unlikely to hit anything.

The phone isn't mounted as shown, that's taken out of the case on the bars.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Hi Roger.
I used Endomondo for three years and when I moved to Garmin I used an app called Sync My Tracks to migrate everything across. Worked really well.

Lonestar

Veteran
That looks nice.Sure beats my commute.

How many miles? Got it,it's in the video.The answer is 6.

Thinking of doing one of the CS 2 and CS 3.

Last edited:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
cool.

mines very old but...right back atcha

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXp_GHpDII

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I was surprised when I clicked on that. I often cycle Hunston canal down to the harbour, and either Itchenor or The Witterings most on Salterns and a lot of your route. A nice area to cycle but some of the roads can get very busy and hairy.

Last edited:

Roxy641

Mjr, there is an option to slow down or speed up the video in the settings (not sure if you have to be logged into youtube or not to do that though). Just click on "Settings" within the video and it will give you an option of different speeds.

Roger, enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing.

I've not watched it all because I found the combination of double-speed and the low camera aim made me feel motion sick, but I'm disappointed to see a narrow gravel cycle track. The county council hates bikes, eh?

Top Bottom