Vienna Airport to Budapest.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Looks like a great adventure, brilliant fun doing it on Bromptons!

It was, we’ll have a day here tomorrow, then train back to Vienna, cycle to airport, then home on plane, train/ cycle from Heathrow.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Last day today, cycled from hotel to the Budapest station, train to Vienna, cycled to the city centre to do some shopping, then cycled to the Airport hotel, the airport check in is about five minutes walk.

From Vienna to Budapest via, Hainburg, Bratislava, Györ, Komárno, Esztergom then Budapest. Everywhere was lovely-except Budapest- Budapest is a shoot hole, dirty, noisy, aggressive, unfriendly and probably the most dangerous drivers I’ve had the misfortune of encountering. If you do any of this route, bypass Budapest. The nicest of the above list was Bratislava, Vienna is great too.

Anyway today’s route was about 16 miles in total.

IMG_3375.jpeg

IMG_3377.jpeg

IMG_3378.jpeg

Oh, and it’s really easy to get in and out of the airport by bicycle.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Another observation I’ll make. The weather and environment, we had perfect weather, not a drop of rain, sunny all day every day, most days a tailwind, and the the terrain was very flat. I think my view of the trip would’ve been very different had the weather been vile. We were most fortunate.

The food was excellent, except in a couple of hotels the breakfasts were odd, but eating out was all very enjoyable. Challenging if you’re a vegetarian, but I ain’t so there.

ETA: approximately 238 miles in total.

Last edited:
Top Bottom