Viking robouiax.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RiflemanSmith

I have seen one reduced to under £500 is it worth buying?
I have not heard anything positive about this brand, is it worth a punt at that price?
It's a 2011 model.
Our should I wait and get a better spec' bike?

OP
OP
RiflemanSmith

RiflemanSmith

vickster

Legendary Member
That's a VERY cheap carbon bike with Tiagra

Depends if either a 52cm or 58cm Viking frame will fit you

I would give the frame a VERY good look over if you go for it

I'm guessing if it's crap, it would be worth up to £400 as a donor bike for a decent frame

My views on carbon are well documented, and therefore shall be left in their box for the purposes of this post ;)

However, Viking as a brand are, IMO, underrated on the whole. The reason I say this is that a mate of mine used a Viking Tri-Race last year to both train for, and complete the Ironman UK event.

So that was approx. 8 months training of ever increasing instensity and duration, then the 112 mile ride on the day in the heat of competition survival:heat:

Other than the usual preventative maintenance, and a new BB cartridge before the big day the bike never missed a beat.

I would never normally advocate buying any bike that can be had from Amazon or Bikes2uDirect etc, but I was quietly impressed by what this bike, (and more so it's pilot TBH), achieved, and yes, it was the only Viking bike out of 1500 competitors in last years IMUK.

Angelfishsolo, (formerly of this parish), also had a Viking, (the model eludes me), and he raved about it also saying it was excellent VFM and a great bike to boot.

Top Bottom