'Village of the Dammed' safety bollards.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The council in Iver have decided to put some rather strange child shaped bollards outside a school to try to slow motorists down.
Do you think this will be effective or is it a creep too far?

https://metro.co.uk/2017/09/04/cree...-of-children-are-freaking-people-out-6901970/

IMG_20220808_173617.jpg

Anyone remember the book or film?

Last edited:

All uphill

Still rolling along
I like it!

They could also put up some models of police officers.^_^

classic33

Leg End Member

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
We've had these in Leicester for a few years now. I think they are effective.

The council in Iver have decided to put some rather strange child shaped bollards outside a school to try to slow motorists down.
Do you think this will be effective or is it a creep too far?

https://metro.co.uk/2017/09/04/cree...-of-children-are-freaking-people-out-6901970/

View attachment 656380

Anyone remember the book or film?

The article's from a few years ago, so they'll have lost their impact now the kids have grown up, and no doubt have a tin of special brew in hand.

that's another one! The movie versions are feckin dreadful and only the early 80s BBC version is any good, in fact, it's also fabulous!

Ah no way! The most recent 2009 BBC wasn't the best but it was ok. The 1960s film though I really like and think it has a certain charm.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
The book was The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham, who also wrote Day of The Triffids.

A great author, in many ways underappreciated. My favourite is The Chrysalids which, without ever mentioning nuclear war, depicts a remnant society surviving in its aftermath. It is, perhaps unwittingly, prescient in its major theme of genetic modification and the visceral antipathy which it provokes. Its insight into telepathy is a theme whose day may well yet come.

Last edited:
Top Bottom