'Village of the Dammed' safety bollards.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Squid Games Season 2 ?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
We had cardboard police cars in the northwest about 20 years ago.

I got pulled over by a cardboard police car once, I was doing 70 on the M1. A cardboard cut-out police officer got out of the cardboard cut-out police car and said to me, " do you know you were driving a 70 mph down the M1 sir?"

I said, " that is the speed limit officer".

He said, " GAH!, I'm not cut out for this job.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I got pulled over by a cardboard police car once, I was doing 70 on the M1. A cardboard cut-out police officer got out of the cardboard cut-out police car and said to me, " do you know you were driving a 70 mph down the M1 sir?"

I said, " that is the speed limit officer".

He said, " GAH!, I'm not cut out for this job.

But was he a real police officer, or just one on paper?

Alex321

Veteran
A great author, in many ways underappreciated. My favourite is The Chrysalids which, without ever mentioning nuclear war, depicts a remnant society surviving in its aftermath. It is, perhaps unwittingly, prescient in its major theme of genetic modification and the visceral antipathy which it provokes. Its insight into telepathy is a theme whose day may well yet come.

I read the first four of his books published under his own name when I was still in school (The Day of the Triffids, The Kraken Awakes, The midwich Cuckoos and The Chrysalids. I think that may have been my introduction to Science Fiction, but I'm not sure - I may have read some Heinlein first.

Top Bottom