Villiers Voyager or Roberts Roughstuff?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondadori

I'm in the market for a made-to-measure tourer, and after 8 months of prevarication and numerous website searches I've narrowed it down to these two. The Roberts is slightly more expensive, but I'm not too bothered about that - I just want the one that's best for me. Does anybody have any opinions or experiences that might make the choice a bit easier for me? Thanks!

I know Paul Villiers, he does some wheel building for me, the amount of care and sheer love he puts into his work is enough to for me to say Villiers, he is a first class old school craftsman that is still not afraid to innovate.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Here's a pic of my wifes 26" wheeled Villiers Tourer

It's a lovely thing and she's ridden it over many a hill

tourdessex115.jpg

Pottsy

I don't have first hand experience of either, but I a friend with a couple of Roberts bikes and they are very well made.

I suspect you wouldn't go far wrong with either (I'm not helping am I? :smile:).

jags

Guru
rich p said:
Here's a pic of my wifes 26" wheeled Villiers Tourer

It's a lovely thing and she's ridden it over many a hill

tourdessex115.jpg
rich that is one sweet looking bike,i emailed them on a price for a new frame going on your recommendation thanks for the link.

OP
OP
M

mondadori

Thanks - It's a hard decision to make (and a lot of money) which is why I want all the feedback that I can get from people who have experience of either of these bikes.
I'll probably be very happy with either - I just don't want to rush into it and end up feeling that I've made the wrong choice.
Thanks.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
mondadori said:
Thanks - It's a hard decision to make (and a lot of money) which is why I want all the feedback that I can get from people who have experience of either of these bikes.
I'll probably be very happy with either - I just don't want to rush into it and end up feeling that I've made the wrong choice.
Thanks.

I'm not sure that basing your decision upon folks' subjective appraisals is grounds for worrying about choosing the wrong bike. The only way that you will know that you've made the wrong choice is by riding the one that you haven't bought and finding it a better ride.

I've not lost sleep over the marques that I don't possess and get on with riding the ones that I do :biggrin:

just jim

The Roughstuff seems like a very elegant solution for a 26" tourer, it just seems very nicely composed, and Josie Dew seems to have done alright by Roberts.

Top Bottom