1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vindec Atlantic

Discussion in 'Vintage and Classic Bikes' started by Mister Paul, 20 Nov 2016.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Look what I just picked up....

IMAG2203_zpsbikrueih.jpg

It's in pretty good nick and hopefully should only need bearings and oiling. The transfer on the seat tube and the top tube badge are damaged so I might see whether I can replace them.

Is this one of your @Globalti? The fork ends look ok.

Illaveago, dan_bo and tyred like this.
  2. tyred

tyred Guru

Lovely.

It reminds me that I really should restore mine!

Illaveago and Mister Paul like this.
  3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

Wow! That's a graceful looking bike. It looks too old to have come from Comrade Cycles; I must have worked there in Summer 1979. I don't think they'd have been able to manufacture that fork with the chromed bridge. Please replace that awful saddle off a shopper with something nice like a brown Charge Spoon and fit some skinwall tyres. Then take some pics for us with a clean camera lens!

You can get replacement decals made by Neil Shankland at Atlantic Boulevard. 07909 230578.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2016
    Illaveago and Mister Paul like this.
  4. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

thats lovely that is:okay:

Mister Paul likes this.
  5. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

1977 according to the hub.

6. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Beautiful.

Great pic.

7. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Dribble, envy, covet.

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've now stripped all the parts off this, replaced the BB, headset and front wheel bearings. It's had very little use and there's no wear in the bearing surfaces. The chrome is scrubbing up nicely with a toothbrush and some oil. I've lubricated the SA hub and that seems to be working ok. Now part-way through putting it back together.

It's not the most quality of bikes -the chrome fork bridge is push-on and the fork dropouts appear to be just flattened fork-ends, but it's a nice looking bike and will suit Mrs P's Triumph when we parade around the town when the weather picks up.