Vindec Atlantic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, the time has come to possibly part with my Vindec Atlantic. It’s fully restored using as many period / original parts as possible. Still on 26 x 1 ⅜ wheels, rebuilt original sturmey hubs on to alloy rims though. Rides beautifully, but I just don’t use it enough. I guess my question is really where is a good place to sell such a bike? I’ve thought about eBay and gumtree but there are just too many people who don’t appreciate said bikes. I’m probably going to keep the flyer saddle and maybe the brooks saddle bag though, I do have the chain guard but no mounts for it (lost during refurb!).

8C3B4F90-2F7C-44CA-BB01-1759EE3B784F.jpeg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That’s a real beauty. You could try advertising it on here where there are enthusiasts who would be prepared to give you a good price, otherwise to most it’s just another old bike. I’d remove the Brooks and sell it separately if you want to maximise your return.

BTW welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
G

Greensi456789

Thanks cycleops! I really like the bike, but just don’t ride it enough to warrant keeping it really. I bought it as a project. It wasn’t in very good fettle when I bought it, but managed to source a lot of NOS parts to restore it. Planning on putting the brooks saddle on my tourer as it is, without a doubt, the comfiest saddle I’ve had - not sure about the brooks saddle bag though.
I do enjoy riding this, and it’s surprisingly quick.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Greensi456789 welcome to our humble fishing forum :laugh:
As @Cycleops already said that looks a cracking machine as so right for a lot of people but because it's not modern a lot of them wouldn't give it a thought .
Try your local facebook marketplace or on here
A lot will depend on where you are based as the bigger populated areas i would expect that to sell quickly

OP
OP
G

Greensi456789

Thanks, the pictures don’t really do it it’s full justice. Like I said I just don’t use it enough, otherwise I wouldn’t want to part with it. I live just outside York. Unfortunately I don’t have enough points to be able to post it up for sale on here yet!!

I’ve had it up on Gumtree, but Just got idiots who were saying things like “I’ll give you £20 if you can drop it off in Exeter for me - that’s all it’s worth being so old” and such like.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Thanks, the pictures don’t really do it it’s full justice. Like I said I just don’t use it enough, otherwise I wouldn’t want to part with it. I live just outside York. Unfortunately I don’t have enough points to be able to post it up for sale on here yet!!

I’ve had it up on Gumtree, but Just got idiots who were saying things like “I’ll give you £20 if you can drop it off in Exeter for me - that’s all it’s worth being so old” and such like.
Fools and chancers.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would have thought York would have been an ideal place for such a great bike
It is, but not for the idiots who think it's just worth a few quid. Such a shame as a new bike to those specs would be around £350. People just can't see it's worth like we can.
I think you need to present it properly. Stress the retro/nostalgia aspect with the exclusivity that something like that gives. I'm sure someone will pick up on it and buy just based on that but it may take a while.

Last edited:

Chris S

Legendary Member
You could always try Facebook, there are groups like Vintage Bicycles UK - For Sale / Swap / Wanted
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagebicyclesuksales/

Last edited:
Top Bottom