Vintage Benotto Hubs: What Do I Have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zenroad

Greetings, everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone might have a clue about these hubs. I've had them for years. For the life of me, I don't where I got them. Off an old bike, no doubt. They're gorgeous. And heavy. And solid.

I've emailed Benotto Bicycles, and no one there can help.

The rear hub is a single-speed freewheel. The front hub is just your standard-issue, garden variety front hub, except that it's a vintage Benotto, which makes it not so garden variety, I guess.

Any experts out there? Thank you!

Attachments

• BenottoHubs.JPG
    BenottoHubs.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 53

apb

Veteran
They're awesome hubs and deserve to go on a vintage track frame. Can't say I'm an expert. Just wanted to say, it's components like that is why I love bikes so much.

OP
OP
Zenroad

Zenroad

They're awesome hubs and deserve to go on a vintage track frame. Can't say I'm an expert. Just wanted to say, it's components like that is why I love bikes so much.

Thanks, apb!

I was thinking of offering them for sale on EBay, but I also would like to keep them and build them into a wheelset. I still haven't found anyone who can get the cog off. Until that happens, I'm not gonna build them into anything.

OP
OP
Zenroad

Zenroad

I ran it by White Industries (they also make singlespeed freewheels) here in the States, and they referred me to their Italian connection. Am now waiting on an email reply.

Top Bottom