Vintage Bianchi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ndrinkwine

I was given a vintage Bianchi bike That I am trying to find out year and model. My serial # HS19067 (should I assume it is 1967)?
Also the model has the upper shifters next to the handlebar stem. I can't seem to find any like that. Any info would be appreciated

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I was given a vintage Bianchi bike That I am trying to find out year and model. My serial # HS19067 (should I assume it is 1967)?
Also the model has the upper shifters next to the handlebar stem. I can't seem to find any like that. Any info would be appreciated
A photograph or two would be handy.

midlife

Guru
Bianchi were like Raleigh and produced a whole range of bikes from the lowest to the top of the class. The shifters on the stem were not popular in the UK because of the potential damage in a crash.

OP
OP
N

ndrinkwine

Attachments

• IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 46

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like a budget entry level bike possibly made for the US market. Date as Bigsy suggests. Steel rims? Good solid bikes that looks in good condition apart from the wheel. With a bit of tlc it would serve for a good few years yet.
Just looking at those shifters gives you a tingling in the groin 😢.

OP
OP
N

ndrinkwine

Looking at that image I would guess fairly late 70's early 80"s and a rather buckled rear wheel
yes this was taken before I replaced . It actually rides quite nicely, Thank you

OP
OP
N

ndrinkwine

Looks like a budget entry level bike possibly made for the US market. Date as Bigsy suggests. Steel rims? Good solid bikes that looks in good condition apart from the wheel. With a bit of tlc it would serve for a good few years yet.
Just looking at those shifters gives you a tingling in the groin 😢.
Thanks ,

Top Bottom