Vintage Colnago Super Carbone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing wrong with these Vitus frames. I think if it was a Colnago they would have put more of a Colnago "stamp" on their work. Just doesn't look like the real deal.

OP
OP
Bondsy

Bondsy

PHL67 nice looking bike. Out of interest is it stamped Vitus on the BB? I think I am just going to build mine anyway and see how it turns out. Getting to hung up on trying to fins out what it is. Thanks for sharing the picture.

OP
OP
Bondsy

Bondsy

Cycleops agree just dropped the fork and it is a Tange. I don't know to much about vintage bikes but I am guessing that if it was a colnago it wouldn't have a Japanese fork.

Cycleops agree just dropped the fork and it is a Tange. I don't know to much about vintage bikes but I am guessing that if it was a colnago it wouldn't have a Japanese fork.

You would be surprised: there are a few Colnago masters out there made from Tange Prestige tubing. There may have been an agreement concerning carbon frames as well. Sounds like time for some late evening research. :addict:

OP
OP
Bondsy

Bondsy

Just finished the rebuild and it's turned out alright. Think I might keep this one as it is a little unusual.

Attachments

• 20190802_185226.jpg
    20190802_185226.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Bondsy

Bondsy

Thanks the mavic wheels are not original fit. Everything else is with the exception of the stem. Was going to swap them out but as you say they work well.

Top Bottom