Vintage Dawes Tandem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Here is our tandem which we picked up yesterday for the princely sum of £75. Its a Dawes Horizon Twin,the Exage rear mech is a bit out of shape so will be replacing it,have replaced the rear wheel and cassette as the original wheel had a 6 speed cassette and the bike is 7 speed,had a nightmare getting the gears right until i realised,the brakes dont inspire too much confidence so will address that,will be putting a taller quill stem on along with some vintage style riser bars for more comfort and will be replacing the saddles too.Today was its maiden voyage,and our first attempt at tandem riding and we are hooked already,will be more enjoyable when i sort the riding position out as i have a stiff back and neck now.
Tandem1.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Looks like a great bargain. I'd love to see pictures when you've fixed everything. :thumbsup:
Hopefully wont have to wait too long,really want to get it ready for spring time/summer:thumbsup:

eck

Über Member
What a bargain! Mrs eck and I bought a third-hand tandem in 2004, not long after we got married. OK, it cost us a wee bit more than yours (not that much more), but we've never regretted it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
so still no reason why jacqui cant drive
SSSSShhhhhh:stop:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Looking at the pics it's hardly any wonder I had a sore neck and back,look how far down the brake levers are!!!!

Top Bottom