Vintage Evans (Built by Roberts) Ladies Tourer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Luker21

Hi,

I have for sale my mothers bike.

It's an original F.W. Evans (has the original logo and address on the cut) frame built by Roberts. It was built in approximately 1985. I've had it looked at and serviced and now wish to sell it (I wish it fitted me!). I had an entusiast look and recommended I post it up here to try and find it a loving new owner as it does have some quite rare quality parts, not to mention the frame.

It is a Mixte frame made from Reynolds 531 Super Tourist tubing by Roberts. - Size from bottom bracket to top of seat tube is approx 56 cm. The previous owner is approx 5'6" but would suit someone shorter or taller.
Suntour Cantilever Brakes (I know some people are big fans!)
The groupset is all original Suntour (when they wre amazing). I don't know the exact model type but it is XCD and has 'accushift plus' on the crank end
Mavic MA40 wheel on the back, Mavic Module 3CD on the front
Tyres - 700x25c
Front/Back Panier eyelets
Front/Back Mudguards
Front/Back quick release
Madison Comfort Gel L21 Saddle (nothing special but very comfortable)
New grip tape and levers

The bike is now about 26 years old but is in excellent condition. It rides very very smoothly and changes through the gears beautifully. The only issue is some superficial rust, around the top of the forks. An expert looked and confirmed it is purely superficial (see pictures).

This would make a really hardy tourer for the right person and is still an absolutely brilliant bike and solid.

Any questions please PM me or post below. I am in Bethnal Green, London. £400 ono
file.php

gnvqsos

Über Member
This must be worth £40 of anyones Xmas savings.

Top Bottom