Vintage folding bike help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Csontfeher

Hi! I found this vintage folding bike in the barn, could you help identify the brand and/or year? It is missing a few parts, the front fork is from a Csepel Kemping bike, it's not matching the bike's color (it's purple, instead of orange). The identification should help me in finding accurate parts (like the handlebar :smile:).

Thank you!

1633038165762.png

FrothNinja

Veteran
Looks like a 70s/80s Phillips or Raleigh or Apollo or similar folding bike. They were much of a muchness so scrapper parts should be available though it probably cheaper to buy a whole bike. If the weather improves I might haul my old folder out of storage and see how closely the frames match

Hi! I found this vintage folding bike in the barn, could you help identify the brand and/or year? It is missing a few parts, the front fork is from a Csepel Kemping bike, it's not matching the bike's color (it's purple, instead of orange). The identification should help me in finding accurate parts (like the handlebar :smile:).

Thank you!

View attachment 611601
Not wishing to put you off in any way, but those U-frame folders are notorious for being flexy, and generally an unpleasant riding experience. A more worthy proposal would be a Raleigh Twenty or Stowaway, or any of its rebadged iterations. The Dawes Kingpin would be another choice. Maybe I'm missing something here, and not aware of its rarity or potential value.

OP
OP
C

Csontfeher

Not wishing to put you off in any way, but those U-frame folders are notorious for being flexy, and generally an unpleasant riding experience. A more worthy proposal would be a Raleigh Twenty or Stowaway, or any of its rebadged iterations. The Dawes Kingpin would be another choice. Maybe I'm missing something here, and not aware of its rarity or potential value.
That's okay, the goal is to make it work and preserve the aesthetics :smile:

OP
OP
C

Csontfeher

I feel you may be in need of professional help.
There is a good reason it was left in a barn for eternity. Seek help immediately.
I appreciate your concern, but I have done refurbishment on a similar era bike before. It's a lot of work for sure, but as long as there is no crack in the frame, its good for an overhaul. I'm just looking for the missing parts at the moment :smile:.

Top Bottom