Vintage Geoff Wiles modification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robrinay

374FAAB8-B5DB-406A-B1C8-CFE0B989833B.jpeg 177950AC-3348-4CA8-85D2-6DD67DCDD524.jpeg 99D999C0-CEC1-4412-B90A-8AACBE6CDDE6.jpeg 08059F11-F116-46B3-A757-70F0EB6F7DED.jpeg
I bought the bike last year from eBay while on holiday and at the time thought it was about right for me. My hobbies include car boots antique fairs and skip mining so I’m not short of components. Sadly when finished it was a bit big for me so I gave it away to a mates son who’d had his own posh bike nicked but no regrets as I had fun and learned a lot during the project.
I was told (someone here may well correct me) that the frame may have been built in the old Holdsworth factory in the late 70’s-early 80’s from Holdsworth bits after it closed. The first pic is the eBay pic the others are post refurb.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
26, 27" frame? A very rare size. Like as not that would have been custom made for some tall and doubtless devastatingly handsome fellow.

OP
OP
robrinay

robrinay

26, 27" frame? A very rare size. Like as not that would have been custom made for some tall and doubtless devastatingly handsome fellow.
Ah so it was yours?
It lives at the Hackney Lick -Hackney Gelato now, owned by Sam one of the proprietors- a good home.

Last edited:

Firesprite

Regular
Most of Geoff's frames were built by Bob Jackson of Leeds, I only found this out 20 years back when my disc braked audux frame was being built. One evening I had a call from Bob concerning some details with the frame. Very nice job he made of it with the fillet brazing.

Top Bottom