Vintage Invalid Carriage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Sorry, I can't help, but seeing the photos I remember an old boy who had the one on the left in Middlesbrough back in the 1950s, he was a WWI veteran and my Dad would often speak to him, they'd both been in the Green Howards although in different wars!

OP
OP
U

User42423

Sorry, I can't help, but seeing the photos I remember an old boy who had the one on the left in Middlesbrough back in the 1950s, he was a WWI veteran and my Dad would often speak to him, they'd both been in the Green Howards although in different wars!

Thanks, it's always nice to hear old stories.

classic33

Leg End Member
Local Regiment, their museum is just outside of the town centre.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I recall seeing an old lady with the two-handled version. The handles worked back-and-forth alternately. She had a leather apron as weather protection covering whole front end.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I recall seeing an old lady with the two-handled version. The handles worked back-and-forth alternately. She had a leather apron as weather protection covering whole front end.
I remember seeing these as a young lad in the 50s and early 60s.
There was one old lady used to have one with a black rain cover and she always wore a large black hat. She used to frighten me stupid - I thought she was a witch!:laugh:

Top Bottom