Vintage lamp bracket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Birdie

Hi all :hello:. I've just taken a lamp bracket off my 60's Raleigh as it's not original or made by Raleigh, and it was put on by the previous owner. Yes, it's taken me that long to take it off!:blush:. I'd like an original one that fitted on the front fork but I've only seen one for sale and it's well corroded:sad:. I think this ones made by C. J. Adie and nephew but there's not a lot of info out there. Also, I can't see another one like it anywhere on the whole internet with that fixing! It was mounted between the brake calipers and the fork crown. I'd appreciate any info anyone has :smile:
20190627_111202[1].jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You might be on a loser with that one. How about getting the corroded one and having it replated?
Maybe someone on here has one.

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

@Birdie i have a couple of fork fitting brackets for sure , when i get chance over the weekend i will dig out some pictures for you
Oh that would be lovely, thank you! There's quite a few fork fitting brackets on ebay but I think they are BSA? etc or mostly 80's, but I'd love an original Raleigh. I don't go out at night anyway but it would be nice to have. Oh, I have the original bolt! 20190514_112526.jpg

OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Oh thank you for posting the photo's! I've seen some of those on ebay, but I've seen a Heron front bracket, and also the slightly older Heron fork bracket so I might get one of those. As I can't find out exactly what would've been on it, I think I would like a Heron one as it's definitely Raleigh. Thank's for posting the photo's though, that's very good of you.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Oh thank you for posting the photo's! I've seen some of those on ebay, but I've seen a Heron front bracket, and also the slightly older Heron fork bracket so I might get one of those. As I can't find out exactly what would've been on it, I think I would like a Heron one as it's definitely Raleigh. Thank's for posting the photo's though, that's very good of you.

No problems shout if you change your mind

D

Deleted member 1258

I've got a fw like that in my tool box.

Top Bottom