Vintage Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elswick

In [URL='http://www.akaqa.com/question/q1919...t-in-it-it-has-been-hanging-in-a-workshop-for' the 1920's and 1930's, my late father took part in time trials for a local cycling club (The Stockton Wheelers), establishing records. I intend to offer his bike to a local museum who have expressed an interest in it. It has been hanging in a workshop for the past 60 years. As you would expect there is a lot of surface rust and the black paint work pretty shabby. I would like to at lest de-rust (if not fully restore) it before allowing the curators to view it. I would welcome some advice

The bike is complete with B17 and Baily's

I would let the curator at the museum have a look at it, if it needs restoring, he/she is likely to know the people to deal with.

I deal with museums and ccurators on a daily basis - the knowledge pool at the curators disposal will be enormous.

Good on you for wanting to share something so personal :thumbsup:

tyred

Legendary Member
Unless the paint is falling off in big chunks, I wouldn't do too much. A rub down with a rag dipped in diesel perhaps, although the museum may not like a smelly bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I have some pictures on my lap top but I don,t know how to send them on this site.
You need to put another eight more posts before you can upload a file. Something to do with spammers I think.

Shaun

Founder
I see you only have 2 posts - I think you need 10 or 15 before you can post images.
I may be wrong though. :smile:

@Elswick - once you've made three posts your account is automatically upgraded and you'll be able to upload images / attachments ... :thumbsup:

Top Bottom