Vintage road bike, Raleigh Record Ace 12 Speed, Frame Number WH 2000544 What is it worth? Can you help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamval

Can someone help me to sell my cycle. I am trying to get the details correct to list on Ebay. I have listed all the details i can find. I have taken some photos which i have attached.
20200530_095930jim.jpg
20200530_100128jim.jpg
20200531_112752.jpg
DSC_0237jim.jpg
DSC_0223jim.jpg
DSC_0224jim.jpg
DSC_0232jim.jpg
DSC_0233jim.jpg
DSC_0236jim.jpg

Raleigh Record Ace 12 Vintage road bike, New in 1982 “Frame Number WH 2000544”
25''/64cm frame “Colour Ice green” Made from 73 degree parallel TI Reynolds 531 tubing.
27” wheels
Campagnolo Grand Sports Gear
SR Custom alloy cotterless chainset.
Sun Tour Ultra 6 freewheel and chain
Weinmann 605 alloy quick release side-pull brakes
Engraved handlebars with forged alloy stems
12 gears with down tube shifters
no frame damage other than usual marks.
Good used condition, (Spent most years in the bedroom)
Mechanically sound and ready to ride away.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Very Nice :becool: Not a clue what it's worth though, why are you selling it ?

Drago

Legendary Member
The market is a little unpredictable at the moment, but to the right buyer (particularly a very tall one) at the right time I think that's reasonable worth £150 sheets. Moderately desirable bike in its day, that appears on largely original and unmolested spec and condition.

I'd be inclined to revive it and ride it were it mine, and it would fit me as well!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
On a good day with the right buyer I’d agree with the above. I think you’ve got the description about right, just add it’s a large frame so only suitable for someone 6ft plus. If it’s ready to ride away that will add to its appeal In today’s climate. Check the tyres are not cracked or perished, if they are change for some cheapies. The mudguards are also a plus meaning some can commute on it.

Good luck.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
At present the market's a bit crazy, with higher prices than normal. It's a Worksop built Raleigh, so one of the better ones. The large frame size counts against it I'm afraid although the Campagnolo groupset is a bonus.

£150-250 is probably about right depending upon whether lots of people want it.

Gunk

Guru
I sell a few 531 framed Raleigh’s, and have sold two very recently, if I was selling that I’d expect to get around £230-£250, XL frame is a slightly more limited market, but still a very desirable bike and as it’s complete, very easy to restore.

OP
OP
J

jamval

Very Nice :becool: Not a clue what it's worth though, why are you selling it ?
Hello Raleighnut, I am selling as I have left it in the bedroom for too many years and my cycling days are over.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Having looked at a few prices on e-bay it could fetch £350 or so in todays Covid-19 world as they are one of Raleigh's quality frames, I've got one of it's Cousins a Raleigh 'Road Ace' and that's a lovely frame.

Top Bottom