'Vintage Voltage'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
when they were putting the drive motor in with the thing swinging off lifting straps wrapped around the forks had me cringing, I've seen the edges of the forks cut through straps, and also slide off which would have wrecked the paint work and bodywork, they would be better investing in a spreader bar and some shackles.

I have watched a few of these and they make a decent job of the conversions, but I have thought they could make life a lot easier with better equipment, a lift or pit would stop them scrambling about on the floor, and as pointed out by @DRM lifting stuff with slings and forklift tangs is a bit dodgy.

Coincidentally, we saw a 1602 (or 2002) as we came back through Doncaster this afternoon
It was leaving a petrol station, near the junction of the A19/A638
(bright orange, & appeared to have a roll-cage)

I'm not a fan of B*W's, but that 1602 in last weeks programme looked good, in the green pain/red leather interior

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been watching this when it's on and quite enjoy it .

But i think there needs to a scheme where any car can be converted easily and a lot cheaper as when only electric and hybrids can be sold new there will be an awful lot of cars out there with no value .

I for one would like to use an electric vehicle but would prefer a min of 250 miles range and a lot more charging points around

Top Bottom