Virgin London triathlon 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I did both Sprint and Olympic (long story) this year and registered for next year Olympic too but not sure if I will go ahead, depending on the dates is going to run, as I quite fancy Scotland Coast to Coast and it may clash.

jai

me too - doing the sprint. Just realised I'm a hopeless swimmer...having intermediate lessons to help esp worried about open water, hope wetsuit will do the job

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I'm signed up for the Olympic distance.
I did my first ever tri last Sunday - Sevenoaks, a sprint with extended (8k) run. Loved every moment of it, it was a real blast. Beautiful day for it, lovely route (the run is through scenic Knole Park) and excellent organisation.
I suspect London won't be as pretty but I'm really looking forward to taking part in a major sporting event. Really do need to work on my swimming technique & fitness though - I lost more time to some of the leaders on the 400m swim than I lost on the 25km bike leg! That could translate into a very big deficit indeed over 1.5km...

jai

been a while - lots going on but just wanted to confirm I completed mine, so happy and proud, want to do many more. Swim was toughest, scary

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Well done. Same here. The swim was horrible - not least because the water was so foul and unpleasantly warm.

Very pleased to have done it, but next triathlon I do, I'll look for one that's a bit more "scenic".

Top Bottom