Virgin Money Cyclone 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Just entered for the 8th year in a row (obv incl when it used to be the N Rock one).
Doing the biggy, as I have done each year aprat from the 1st (when I went for the 64 miler)
Anyone else in this year?

jack smith

Veteran
I want to do it jut depends when registration closes as i wont have the cash for a few weeks, is it tough? 100 mile rides and climbing arent anything out of the ordinary to me so im hoping its worth it as ive been told its hard!

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I want to do it jut depends when registration closes as i wont have the cash for a few weeks, is it tough? 100 mile rides and climbing arent anything out of the ordinary to me so im hoping its worth it as ive been told its hard!
I suppose the toughness of the event is all relative to yourself... a couple of months ago, I wouldn't have been fit enough, but now I am...
Registration closes June 10th, apparently, I entered this morning.
If 100 miles and climbing are normal for you, you'll be fine. I ride the roads most weekends (covered much of the course just last Saturday, in fact) and I know them well... I just do it for the t-shirt (and I enjoy the experience of riding with a few thousand others... I've always had a lot of fun doing it)

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've entered the long one. Bit miffed at having to pay an extra £6.50 for car parking though.
"The voucher is redeemable against food and drinks at the Bars and Kiosks on the day. If you purchase a voucher please ensure that you bring it with you to show to security staff as the Organisers will not have the names of those who have purchased a voucher."

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Not doing it on the tandem as planned as we found out the £25 entry fee was each not per bike... £50 is a bit steep!

Have a great time Fnaar- I'll keep a look out for any CC tops as you all come through!

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm out this year. Foolishly agreed to help a mate out who needed a spare winger.

I mis-judged a tackle quite spectacularly and broke my collar bone. Fortunately I was playing for a team of doctors who were quick to diagnose the injury and kindly allowed me to spend the last 10 minutes as full back and relatively out of the way.

I could probably just about manage the 30 miler without crying too much...

Enjoy the day @Fnaar! Are you doing the 6 Bridges on Friday?

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm out this year. Foolishly agreed to help a mate out who needed a spare winger.

I mis-judged a tackle quite spectacularly and broke my collar bone. Fortunately I was playing for a team of doctors who were quick to diagnose the injury and kindly allowed me to spend the last 10 minutes as full back and relatively out of the way.

I could probably just about manage the 30 miler without crying too much...

Enjoy the day @Fnaar! Are you doing the 6 Bridges on Friday?
No, but I'll be going down The Hub to sign on for Sat morning

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Very enjoyable it was too. 7hr 13 riding time, plus about 20 mins stops.
Good weather (not too much wind), had some nice chats going round, enjoyed the hills as always, and even though I know most of the roads very well, it's always great to ride them, especially in the company of several thousand other like-minded peeps.

Top Bottom