Virtual Cycle Gym

Would you use a virtual cycling gym?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

20did99

Hi all,

I am looking for some opinions on the above. As we are coming into the winter months and the darker nights most people will be tucking their bikes up for a few months.

Everyone is aware of indoor cycle trainers, which vary from very cheap to very expensive. I want to offer a realist experience for cyclist of all levels in safe environment whilst getting the same experience as on an open road.

One of the joys of cycling, is the community it brings, which is one of the main reasons for my idea of a virtual cycling gym. A place that cyclist of all levels can come together for fun or for serious training.

Without giving away to much there is a lot i want to develop from this idea and I believe there could a be a place for such a place.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You mean like spinning classes?

OP
OP

20did99

You mean like spinning classes?
No not like spin classes.

I mean people using their own bikes on high end turbo trainers what can link up to computers for the virtual experience.

Cycling is a social activity and there a lot of people who prefer riding with others, but a lot of people put their bikes away for the winter.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
On cold Winter nights I cannot imagine myself dragging my bike down a gym to hitch it up to a turbo trainer.

I also ride in the Winter.

IMG_1197.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
but a lot of people put their bikes away for the winter.

Rubbish

Drago

Legendary Member
I think plenty do put them away between equinoxes. When it's sunny the roads round here are heaving, when it's sleeting at 7pm on a December evening even many of the hardened commuters are conspicuous by their absence. Whether anyone likes it or not there's a definite seasonal correlation to the number of bikes on the tarmac.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No not like spin classes.

I mean people using their own bikes on high end turbo trainers what can link up to computers for the virtual experience.

Cycling is a social activity and there a lot of people who prefer riding with others, but a lot of people put their bikes away for the winter.

So you are describing BKool, Zwift and Veloreality etc?

Citius

OP - go have a look at Zwift. Then go back to the drawing board, cos someone's already doing it.

Top Bottom