Virtual Cycling TV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Hi,

The TV in my shed was put in at far too high a level. It's ok for my boys to watch films and as I cycle to rouvy using an ipad in front of me then the tv is just extra if you know what I mean. However, this got me thinking what should have been the correct height for this tv to be whilst cycling to it if I didn't use the ipad? And more excitedly, this was a cheap tv to see if it would survive a winter with no heating out there so I'm thinkin I'd like to buy a massive tv for the wall now although I guess the fixings would need to be lowered!

Would that create a more immersive cycling experience? Plus it would be great for movies? Is there such a thing as too big?

Matt

Attachments

• 20230806_111454 (Copy).jpg
    20230806_111454 (Copy).jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 12

Slick

Guru
Hi,

The TV in my shed was put in at far too high a level. It's ok for my boys to watch films and as I cycle to rouvy using an ipad in front of me then the tv is just extra if you know what I mean. However, this got me thinking what should have been the correct height for this tv to be whilst cycling to it if I didn't use the ipad? And more excitedly, this was a cheap tv to see if it would survive a winter with no heating out there so I'm thinkin I'd like to buy a massive tv for the wall now although I guess the fixings would need to be lowered!

Would that create a more immersive cycling experience? Plus it would be great for movies? Is there such a thing as too big?

Matt

Yes Matt, yes there is. You know the old adage, if your telly is bigger than your bookcase, you are just a council house tart. :laugh:

Gwylan

Veteran
Hi,

Matt

Go for it. Get a projector, not much difference in price these days. Fill the wall
Pick up a settee from somewhere. Sure you'll find a heating solution.
A real bike cave

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Go for it. Get a projector, not much difference in price these days. Fill the wall
Pick up a settee from somewhere. Sure you'll find a heating solution.
A real bike cave

Thought about that but you need it to be dark!

nicocyclo

Regular
I have a 43" Samsung UE43AU7022 and I must say that I am satisfied. I set the height of the TV so that I don't have to raise my head unnecessarily when riding the trainer. I am also thinking about a bigger TV, could anyone give me some advice? I ride ROUVY so I think when I have some nice route like for example Mortirolo - Italy, it could be a beautiful panorama :smile: and if there are 4k routes in the future, it will be a different ride.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
nice set ups , my laptop goes on the upturned washing up bowl in the kitchen so im near the back door .
Last week i set up outside with the laptop on the patio table as i can get a wifi signal when i still didnt trust me knee , i even did a selfie for another site where they are a bit mad on them for a bit of fun , no way was i doing one whilst riding properly ;)
1691398100294.jpeg

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I have a 43" Samsung UE43AU7022 and I must say that I am satisfied. I set the height of the TV so that I don't have to raise my head unnecessarily when riding the trainer. I am also thinking about a bigger TV, could anyone give me some advice? I ride ROUVY so I think when I have some nice route like for example Mortirolo - Italy, it could be a beautiful panorama :smile: and if there are 4k routes in the future, it will be a different ride.

43" ummhh. Knowing my luck I'd buy a massive tv and some form of 3d around the room would come on the market. That would be awesome right? I might be showing my age here but a bit like those old cinema set ups at funfairs where you would stand in a dome with other people and watch a roller coaster ride and think you are on it!

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
nice set ups , my laptop goes on the upturned washing up bowl in the kitchen so im near the back door .
Last week i set up outside with the laptop on the patio table as i can get a wifi signal when i still didnt trust me knee , i even did a selfie for another site where they are a bit mad on them for a bit of fun , no way was i doing one whilst riding properly ;)
View attachment 701773

My ipad used to always blow over half way through a ride when propped up outside until I got an ipad holder to attach to the bike. So annoying! You look in good shape fella!

Top Bottom