Virtual training help for a beginner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markstev27

Hi.
I do quite a lot of cycling but I'm also planning a head for the winter and looking into virtual training

What is the most cost effective way to do this as I've seen most ways are very expensive

I have a hybrid bike but have also looked at something like the peloton or nordic trainer

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tacx T2240- - £200 or under, Ant+ sensor and have you a spare laptop, otherwise Zwift etc can run off a good smart phone.

That's about as cheap as it gets.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks am I best to use a hard wheel? Are they quite easy to swap on my current bike

You can use your current wheel/tyre. That's what I do with MrsF's bike. I still use a normal road tyre with my road bike, then swap over to MrsF's hybrid and adjust the roller. With 'tread' the tyre is a bit noisier on the roller, but works fine. I've never bothered with trainer tyres.

You can splurge a hell of a lot of money on 'virtual' training. I've had my Tacx 6 years since breaking my spine and using that for recovery. I just have a dedicated mini PC and a couple of screens for Zwift/Netflix ! PS not used it in ages though - will do in winter though.

OP
OP
M

markstev27

You can use your current wheel/tyre. That's what I do with MrsF's bike. I still use a normal road tyre with my road bike, then swap over to MrsF's hybrid and adjust the roller. With 'tread' the tyre is a bit noisier on the roller, but works fine. I've never bothered with trainer tyres.

You can splurge a hell of a lot of money on 'virtual' training. I've had my Tacx 6 years since breaking my spine and using that for recovery. I just have a dedicated mini PC and a couple of screens for Zwift/Netflix ! PS not used it in ages though - will do in winter though.

Thank you

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Riding a decent 'smart' turbo adds to the whole experience with varying resistance on Zwift.

£13/month is peanuts if you use it regularly. Autumn winter will see me on it 3 to 4 times a week

i know its a thread ressurection but i agree , way i look at it a cake stop on a club ride is at least £5-6 , 2 club rides missed due to bad weather has paid my sub for the month

Top Bottom