Virtual training with Streetview for a backdrop?

Discussion in 'Virtual Training: Bkool, Zwift, CycleOps & others' started by dodgy, 10 Feb 2018.

1. dodgy

dodgy Guru

Hi all,

I haven't owned a turbo for some years, back when they first came out I had a Tacx i-magic, ran a website for fans of it for a while, but I digress...

Is it possible to hook up a smart trainer and pass it a .gpx (or similar geo-encoded file) and then have the software show Google streetview for the ride? For instance, I ride my bike in the real world, send you the .gpx and you are able to ride the same route virtually and see Streetview imagery for the route?

Cheers :smile:

2. OP
    OP
    dodgy

dodgy Guru

Bump for the weekday crowd (though I'm guessing this software doesn't exist).

3. OP
    OP
    dodgy

dodgy Guru

Think Rouvy supports this, more research needed.

4. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

Tacx TTS4 does this, I use it all the time, I did Lejog on the trainer last winter using GPX files and Streetview, I have done 30 mile on the Isle of Man this morning, as well as the Tacx Software you will need a Google license £30 it works well most of the time but it has its moments and doesn't always keep up with the route.
    Tacx are currently running a beta model of their proposed new platform TDA, where for a monthly fee gives access to high quality RLV's, I asked if the Streetview option would be available on the TDA platform and the answer was "we are working on something better than that" but they didn't enlighten me to what it was.

dodgy likes this.
  5. Dear all, sorry for posting here the following question, but I did not find a better place to do it :sad:
    I am asking if the new Tacx app (called TDA, which is now on beta running) is/will be able to manage
    the old Tacx videos and/or the ones developed by third parties... what do you think ?
    Thanks in advance !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice