Virtual training with Streetview for a backdrop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Hi all,

I haven't owned a turbo for some years, back when they first came out I had a Tacx i-magic, ran a website for fans of it for a while, but I digress...

Is it possible to hook up a smart trainer and pass it a .gpx (or similar geo-encoded file) and then have the software show Google streetview for the ride? For instance, I ride my bike in the real world, send you the .gpx and you are able to ride the same route virtually and see Streetview imagery for the route?

Cheers :smile:

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Bump for the weekday crowd (though I'm guessing this software doesn't exist).

Venod

Eh up
Tacx TTS4 does this, I use it all the time, I did Lejog on the trainer last winter using GPX files and Streetview, I have done 30 mile on the Isle of Man this morning, as well as the Tacx Software you will need a Google license £30 it works well most of the time but it has its moments and doesn't always keep up with the route.
Tacx are currently running a beta model of their proposed new platform TDA, where for a monthly fee gives access to high quality RLV's, I asked if the Streetview option would be available on the TDA platform and the answer was "we are working on something better than that" but they didn't enlighten me to what it was.

Dear all, sorry for posting here the following question, but I did not find a better place to do it :sad:
I am asking if the new Tacx app (called TDA, which is now on beta running) is/will be able to manage
the old Tacx videos and/or the ones developed by third parties... what do you think ?
Thanks in advance !

lazurm

Rouvy no longer supports riding with Street View.
Tacx offers a gps ride via Google Maps from about 100 feet up in the air, or more but NOT Street View. Sad....

tobias74

Regular
I have recently implemented a website to connect a smart trainer with streetview. I have uploaded it to https://drumuri.bike
Just click on two points of the map to define a route. Then click "Connect Trainer" and "Start Workout"

This project is currently in a very early stage, so it will probably be buggy :-)

Hope this makes sense :-)
Tobias

Top Bottom