Vision testing for cyclists in Hyde Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Catrike UK said:
No it's only cyclists, they are a menace.;)
Not only cyclists, the last RLJ I saw was by a car. For some stupid reason he thought if they proceeded straight through the junction slowly they'd be OK. The old boy waiting to cross (with green man) got a bit of a fright. I think 2 ton boxes going towards you are a real menace.:biggrin:

dondare

Über Member
bonker said:
Did anyone have their vision tested in Hyde Park this morning?

There was a tent with some visdion screening stuff and a photocall for a tie up between the CTC, Vision Express and a lens firm called Transitions. It makes the lenses that go dark in the sun.

Apparently a quarter of cyclists haven't had an eye test in the last two years and many wear their ordinary glasses when cycling. The peoject is going on tour but I don't know to which towns.

Vision Express is doing offers for cyclists and there are discounts on lenses. Not sure how all of that is managed though.

I went there but I couldn't see the tent.

HLaB said:
Not only cyclists, the last RLJ I saw was by a car. For some stupid reason he thought if they proceeded straight through the junction slowly they'd be OK. The old boy waiting to cross (with green man) got a bit of a fright. I think 2 ton boxes going towards you are a real menace.;)

I think you imagined that, only cyclist scum RLJ, everyone knows that.;)

boydj

Legendary Member
A couple years ago I got to the stage of needing some help with my distance vision - more for golf than cycling and driving. After a lot of thought and research I got myself a pair of Oakleys with Transitions lenses. They were indeed very expensive, but they have been worn daily now since I got them and they have been well worth the price.

Much of the expense is the fact that the whole lens is a properly built, good quality prescription lens - not an insert - extending to the wrap-round portion. This may not be too important for cycling, but it is a big help on the putting green:smile:

I'm about due for another eye test and I have been considering contact lenses this time, so I'll be checking out the feasibility of lenses and the possibility of wearing lenses corrected for distance vision while using glasses for reading.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
btw. I'm thinking of getting myself a lovely bike like yours, perhaps next year when we've got a bit more money.

Top Bottom