Visit from the P fairy in the pissing rain tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rh100

hackbike 666 said:
Yeah I find the mini pumps very good even if I carry two of them.

I've got a mini hand pump, made by Crank Brothers, seems to be good quality, has a high volume setting and then a high pressure setting - but can never get it past about 30 odd psi without knackering myself out. I use a big cheap track pump at home - but could do with something better to keep in the pannier.

Crankarm

Guru
bad boy said:
Ok I appreciate that but its not going to be detrimental is it ?

do you think the tire would have gone down if I pinched it when putting it on by now ?.

No, not at all. But keep an eye on the tyre to make sure the cut doesn't develope into a larger hole or even a split especially if you keep your tyres inflated well over 100psi eg 130-140 psi. Then it might well be new tyre time I'm afraid otherwise you risk the tube going BANG!!!

Crankarm said:
+1. Not that one might break, if you use Schwalbe tubes, but you might get another puncture!

I think the pump disintigrated.

I've got a bottle of that but can't use it as I have the wrong adapter.

Have used it before though and it hasn't worked too well.

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
I've got a bottle of that but can't use it as I have the wrong adapter.

Have used it before though and it hasn't worked too well.
Oh well another idea bites the dust,have put some conti 4 seasons on now so am hoping double p's are a thing of the past,my other bike has M+ fitted so had no trouble with that one.

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
potsy said:
Having had 2 flats on way to work thursday I'm now looking at this as an emergency get me home jobbie
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_216415_langId_-1_categoryId_228377
anyone tried it?

Yes thats the can of thingy I was talking about, I thought for that price im not using it for the sake of 1 mile so walked in the pouring rain :biggrin:.

apparantly it will only work on tiny holes and looking at the hole in the tube i dont think it would have sealed it so am glad I didnt try it.

Top Bottom