Visiting Norwich? get the new map for cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning I was invited by Norwich City Council to a civic reception launching Bike Week 2012, where I represented: Cargo Cycles (my business), Norwich Bicycle Polo (which I run and I am a team member), and Norwich Alleycat (monthly) Bicycle treasure hunts (which I organise and run).

Norwich City Council in association with Norfolk County have produced a superb map of all the cycle routes in the city and immediate surrounding area.

The map is a traditional fold out style map (about the size of an O/S Landranger), but it is made from a durable water proof material. Sustrans National network route one is clearly marked, as are all of the cycle paths, and cycle routes. The map also lists all of the local cycle shops, points of general & historical interest, along with Services such as the police stations, Libraries, Bus station, Railway station, sports venues and various BMX tracks, cycle skills tracks and cycle speedway track.

On the reverse side of the map several of the linear routes through the city are represented schematically in much the same way as the London Underground map, and profiles of all the gradients in Norwich are also shown.

For once I think that Norwich City Council have done something right for the cyclist, both local and visiting, and if you are considering cycling through Norwich I highly recommend you buy a copy.

norwich map 003.JPG
norwich map 002.JPG
norwich map 001.JPG

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Where can I buy a copy Gareth?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Sounds great - I look forward to adding one to my collection. I have a Peterborough flavour one which is pretty good. I'll be doing a King's Lynn to Norwich via Holt ride in a week or so - so will look out for one then.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
This morning I was invited by Norwich City Council to a civic reception launching Bike Week 2012, where I represented: Cargo Cycles (my business), Norwich Bicycle Polo (which I run and I am a team member), and Norwich Alleycat (monthly) Bicycle treasure hunts (which I organise and run

Good article about the map in today's EDP. Looks like you can order a map from Norwich city council on 0344 980 3333 (office hours only ).

dawesome

The Fat Cat have taken over and refurbished the old Mustard Pot, on my commute, where they painted those white bikes on the roads like in Cambridge and Hackney.

dawesome

Oh! I know you! I commented on your youtube channel and said I cycle in Norwich and I'm glad there are drivers like you.

Top Bottom