Vittoria cross randoneur tyres!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apeman

Über Member
I have fitted a set of the above mentioned tyres to a newly built bike. They seemed to be well suited for the type of roads around here( rough and upwards). They were inflated to the correct pressure and ran well on the road. However when going into corners and roundabouts it felt like I was on greasy roads.They seemed to jump and drift offline and in the wet were even worse verging on dangerous. Tried reducing tyre pressure but to no avail-seemed to make them worse. In the end had to replace them with another make as they scared me ****less one day.Has anyone ever used these tyres and had the same problem.

iandg

Legendary Member
I've used Vittoria Randonneur without a problem, but never Cross Randonneur

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
I have fitted a set of the above mentioned tyres to a newly built bike. They seemed to be well suited for the type of roads around here( rough and upwards). They were inflated to the correct pressure and ran well on the road. However when going into corners and roundabouts it felt like I was on greasy roads.They seemed to jump and drift offline and in the wet were even worse verging on dangerous. Tried reducing tyre pressure but to no avail-seemed to make them worse. In the end had to replace them with another make as they scared me ****less one day.Has anyone ever used these tyres and had the same problem.
I once fitted a set of Vittoria tyres on my road bike, can't remember which ones they were but I took them off and binned them after about a week, they were skittish as hell. I spoke to a few riders at the time who mostly agreed that there great once bedded in but can be slippy when new, never bought any since.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tyres can be a bit slippy in the wet until you have taken the shine off them.
I have recently bought Vittoria Open Pave tyres and found them to be fabulously grippy in the wet.

Top Bottom