Vitus Alios Triple

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B1LLY87

Morning,

This is the first road bike I have had and I am pleased with it, I can't really expect too much from £300. It's fully standard, however, I want a new seat and think I may get a white one and put on white bar tape. I think that should look pretty good. I want to get a shorter stem for it also - 90mm.

dsc00053jm.jpg

Billy

OP
OP
B

B1LLY87

No comments etc?

Good or bad?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't know if it's just me but there's no picture in your post that I can see.

Sure it's a lovely bike though! ;)

Edit: shows up at home on the Mac - is this one of those knock down bargains from Chain Reaction IIRC? Good value for £300 although I'd stick with black seat and tape if it was me!

gouldina

Never heard of them before but from the spec I looked up, that seems like very good value indeed. Let us know how you get on with it.

OP
OP
B

B1LLY87

threebikesmcginty said:
I don't know if it's just me but there's no picture in your post that I can see.

Sure it's a lovely bike though! :rolleyes:

Edit: shows up at home on the Mac - is this one of those knock down bargains from Chain Reaction IIRC? Good value for £300 although I'd stick with black seat and tape if it was me!

It was one of those dropped to the £300 from CRC, I was looking for something as a first road bike and when I saw that price drop I had to get it.
I've actually been thinking over the last couple of days about keeping the colours the same at the minute. I need a 90mm stem and a comfier seat though.

gouldina said:
Never heard of them before but from the spec I looked up, that seems like very good value indeed. Let us know how you get on with it.

I hadn't heard of them either, thought a price drop from £750-300 was too good to miss out on though. I was having an issue with the wheels, stripped down the hub, cleaned and re-greased and it seems alright for now. I've not had time to properly check it as i've got a pulled chest muscle and can hardly breath. Gutted.

Cheers for the replies.

Billy

raindog

er.....
That's an unbelievable price you payed for that. It will give you years of pleasure. Thought you might like to see my older model Vitus.

ATTACH]

Attachments

• 15oct200901.jpg
    15oct200901.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
B

B1LLY87

raindog said:
That's an unbelievable price you payed for that. It will give you years of pleasure. Thought you might like to see my older model Vitus.

That's a cracker mate, you don't see many of them either. The only ones which I have seen is mine yours and the one that was going at the same time as mine with a Carbon Fork.

jay clock said:
Amazing value. The white bar tape will be filthy in seconds so I would leave it black.

Definitely leaving the bar tape black, i've just snapped up a Selle Italia seat for £12. It's used, but only been on for 50 miles seemingly. Good deal I say.

Billy

Top Bottom