Vitus first ride report & thanks to one and all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Bit of a first ride report on the Vitus. Short and sweetish ! About 5k roughly 2/3 up and 1/3 down. The up is fairly steady with one steepish section.
Fortunately the gearing suits me fine 48/39 chainrings and 8sp 12/26 First thing to say is that unsurprisingly it is pretty light on its feet and steering is very light, a bit too light to be honest. However climbing is great, l weigh 62or3 kg and 170cm tall. Tyres were at the ok pressure for me . On the steepest section l stood up and gave it some welly (well as much as l am able). l wanted to see how stiff the frame is or not and for me at my weight it is solid as a rock. Good news ! So on to the steep downhill section, this has two or three bends that can be taken fast, assuming nothing coming up the road :whistle:
On the bike l built up from scratch l can happily breeze down at 50-55 klm so l know the road, but the Vitus has a problem. It started to develop a front wheel wobble at about 45k and scared the bejesus out of me. So off to the LBS as soon as, for Thierry the man to check things over, with luck it will just be a wheel balance job .
So for the time being thats all on the Vitus and overall it has more than lived up to my hopes, in fact lm chuffed to bits with it^_^
l want to say thanks to everyone l really appreciate all the comments from fellow CC ers, they have added a lot to the pleasure l have got from the bike !

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I would have thought 39/26 on a steep hill would be hard work! :bicycle:
You must be very fit to be able to handle it. :smile:

Top Bottom