Viva Espana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Well, what a year for Spanish sport. Off the top of my tete, Spanish victories in 2008:

Euro 2008 winners
Wimbledon Mens Singles
Tour De France
Giro D'Italia
Vuelta Espana
World Road Race

A question to the good members of CC. How many of the above events were PED-assisted? :rolleyes:

I'll go first: 5 :ohmy:

Tetedelacourse said:
Well, what a year for Spanish sport. Off the top of my tete, Spanish victories in 2008:

Euro 2008 winners
Wimbledon Mens Singles
Tour De France
Giro D'Italia
Vuelta Espana
World Road Race

A question to the good members of CC. How many of the above events were PED-assisted? :rolleyes:

I'll go first: 5 :ohmy:
We need Noodley's magic finger! :biggrin:

yello

But Nadal has protested his innocence time and again. And he's such a sweet boy, he wouldn't lie.

kennykool

Thanks Uncle Chuffy - you're guiding me through this forum and I thank you for it!

Now to the serious stuff.....NONE of those events would have been aided by drugs. Certainly Not the Football or the Tennis.

As for the Cycling events - Contador is Clean and so is Sastre.

yello said:
It's a rosy tinted world innit? :ohmy:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have heard that Nadal may have more than a passing acquaintance with HGH... although of course I find this impossible to believe.

yello

Fair enough kk, in fact good on yer. I have no problem with it at all, I'm just a gnarled old cynic.

I do have a Roger Moore style raised eyebrow at the Spanish successes and it pre-dates the football and Olympics.

kennykool

Yeah celebrate success I say! It has been a great year for the Spaniards in terms of sports. No more than the deserve - football team have been underacheivers for years. Nadal has been living in Federer shadow for years and Contador has proved he is the best and long may it continue

FM...Who is HGH??? Sounds like a character from Heroes?

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

HGH = Human Growth Hormone.

New name for yourself Kenny - RTG (along the Heroes theme ;))

Sastre was the only one I wasn't that sure of, but then I thought come off it, there's no chance!!!!!

As for the Spanish team, they have indeed underachieved for years. Now they've got that bit extra in their locker they've finally achieved.

Top Bottom