voice change !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
I use Mapmyride, mainly for checking calories earned (so i can eat more) and its also nice to know how many miles i've done. Today i noticed that they have changed the voice ( which tells you miles and speed) each mile or K ,
to a horrid nasal american voice, most off putting, i'll get used to it i suppose.
Do you like knowing your speed and milage whilst cycling?
I tried Strava but couldnt get used to it, besides Strava feels like a bit too grown up for me !!!

rugby bloke

Veteran
A cheapo bike computer from Mapllins does the trick for me. Not so fussed about the speed - by 20 miles it will have always settled around 15 mph, no matter of terrain, weather, how hard I peddle etc ! The mileage is useful, its good to be able to count down the miles until the next Jelly Baby.

snorri

Legendary Member
I worked out how to strangle the voice after the first outing, now peace and tranquility reigns:smile:.
No, I don't feel any need to know speed or distance while out, but distance is interesting when back home.

classic33

Leg End Member
Distance and speed, with total distance rather than trip distance(unless it's a planned longer trip than normal).

Top Bottom