vomit yellow frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scarygerbil

can anyone help identify this very poorly painted frame that a picked up
DSC_1750.JPG
DSC_1751.JPG
DSC_1752.JPG
DSC_1753.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't help I'm afraid but looks like it might clean up rather nicely. Might be worth scraping the paint off carefully to see if any decals underneath.
Anything on the BB?

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
I wonder what the badge outline was? Strange dropouts at the rear being sort of filled in at the back to make them like vertical dropouts.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I wonder what the badge outline was? Strange dropouts at the rear being sort of filled in at the back to make them like vertical dropouts.
My Raleigh Criterium has similar, although in that case they are much cheaper looking pressed dropouts rather than those nice ones. I think it was the beginnings of holding the axle in the right place for indexing.

- and is there a crease in the down tube level with fork crown?
Ah....and the top tube, just behind the headlug.

OP
OP
scarygerbil

scarygerbil

the frame is good its just the horrible hand painted finish that's distorting the pics
done a bit more googling and the headbadge shape seems to be a Schwinn but I have no clue about these bikes

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That looks like it may be a possibility. This is my Schwinn from roughly the same period and it does share certain similarities, especially the little nub behind the head tube. Fork crowns vary though. My badge is riveted on and I can see the holes in your pic. Rear drops are the same style.

IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0847.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
2014-05-13 18.47.29.jpg

This is the bike. Lovely ride from the cro-mo frame. I forgot to mention no makings on the BB. The only variance is that my frame has fluted top seat stays, although yours might be caked with paint.
@Gravity Aided might be able to offer some help here.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
the frame is good its just the horrible hand painted finish that's distorting the pics
done a bit more googling and the headbadge shape seems to be a Schwinn but I have no clue about these bikes
OK - the camera lense does no favours either - you don't really have a curved window sill and curved brickwork, do you? :wacko:
edit - that badge shape is quite distinctive - a sort of fat shield shape with rivets at the side - if you can find a badge that matches you may have the anwer.

Top Bottom