Voodoo Limba or BTWIN Riverside 900

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mardlinboy

Regular
Hi everyone...
Not been on a bike for years and looking to get back to mainly road riding with the option to go on trails etc with the kids .. so thought Hybrid bike...
Had narrowed down to the Voodoo Limba which I was pretty much settled on then I stumbled upon the BTWIN Riverside 900 whilst getting daughter some sports stuff
Any views on pros and cons of either would be appreciated please
Things that seem to me to be considered (not really knowing anything) are Hydraulic brakes vs cable, derailleur guard, 10 gears vs 16 gears (front Derailleur or no front derailleur) alloy vs alluminium frame, drop handle bars vs no drop

Thanks for any thoughts

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Limba without a doubt. You don't need the weighty and unnecessary suspension fork with that kind of riding in mind. I think they might do a Riverside model without.
Then there's drops Vs flat bars issue but that's something else you need to consider.
Both brake types will be more than adequate.

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
Thanks for the replies guys.. A veteran and a legend posting within minutes of each other and coming down either side of the fence! So the decision is tight on these then..

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
You have to order them in at the moment so hard to try them.. I saw the Riverside recently and it appeared feature packed but boring looking.. The limba certainly looks the part and the video suggests that it is very capable of more than a basic trail.. (as well as good on the road) My daughter (12) is wanting a carrera vengeance to go all out at Hamsterley forest near us (I have this ambition to at least keep up with her on some of the easier runs)
Sounds like which ever I plumb for I'll not be disappointed

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
just seen a Marrasa locally for £245 so just going to have a look at it (this was highly recommended as well) .. for this price if I don't like it it will sell no probs

vickster

Legendary Member
just seen a Marrasa locally for £245 so just going to have a look at it (this was highly recommended as well) .. for this price if I don't like it it will sell no probs
Just check it's actually the seller's to sell (ie get proof of purchase/ownership if at all possible) :okay:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Limba all day long for me they are nice to ride bit heavy but they do a fine job
Loads around on the second hand market as well
Only comment i would make on both which ever one you get check all the bearing for some lubrication as the Limba i had and a couple of B twins i have had all wheel bearing had minimal grease in :sad:

pjd57

Veteran
Had a limba for over 3 years.
Great bike for the money.
Done thousands of miles a year on it , roads + canal paths ..
Changed to schwalbe tyres and more than happy with it.

Top Bottom