Voodoo Marasa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lovacott

Über Member
I have a Marasa, in fact I've had two.

Took the new bike out this morning for a couple of hours. Went to the seaside.

Very nice to ride, very quiet. Steers nicely and feels good and solid.

1619858635822.png

scragend

Just collected the bike and took it for a quick spin around the block to check that everything works OK.

A fair bit quicker than the MTB and the gear changes are sweet. Took a bit of time to get the hang of the trigger shifters (my MTB has twist grip shifters and the road bike uses the brake levers).

Heck of a top speed compared to the MTB (pretty close to the road bike for speed).

Bike looks good as well and seems well built.

Seems very good value for £450.

Took the new bike out this morning for a couple of hours. Went to the seaside.

Very nice to ride, very quiet. Steers nicely and feels good and solid.

Great stuff! Glad you like it, that was pretty much how I felt when I first got mine.

I've booked a ferry to the Netherlands for late August for me & the Marasa and will hopefully be cycling from Hoek van Holland all the way up to Leeuwarden. Fingers crossed!

Lovacott

Über Member
I've booked a ferry to the Netherlands for late August for me & the Marasa and will hopefully be cycling from Hoek van Holland all the way up to Leeuwarden. Fingers crossed!

Blimey. You're a braver man than me. Thinking about it though, I'm sort of at the stage where I could ride for four or five hours every day taking the road less travelled.

I've always liked the west coast of Ireland. I'm sure a Marasa could handle it.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I was looking at one of those as I have a 2020 Hoodoo mtb that is a great bike, seemed better value than any of the big names. I'm not sure about the Marasa as I want something with a carbon fork and maybe a bit lighter. Just really a flat bar road bike with hydraulic disc brakes. None of the Boardman's I've seen really float my boat. Have to pay more probably and get a big name. Just a biy out of it with bikes, last time I bought a road bike was a Specialized Secteur in 2011.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was looking at one of those as I have a 2020 Hoodoo mtb that is a great bike, seemed better value than any of the big names. I'm not sure about the Marasa as I want something with a carbon fork and maybe a bit lighter. Just really a flat bar road bike with hydraulic disc brakes. None of the Boardman's I've seen really float my boat. Have to pay more probably and get a big name. Just a biy out of it with bikes, last time I bought a road bike was a Specialized Secteur in 2011.
Look at Whyte R7 for fast flatbars, older used ones have double chainset and can be very good value. Stirling the top Alu model

Top Bottom