Voodoo Marasa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrimUpNorth

Hi,

Has anyone got a Voodoo Marasa ? I have a 20% off voucher for Halfords and am looking at getting a hybrid for the wife to use and wondering if the Marasa is my best bet

Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
@Mardlinboy is changing from one
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/london-road-vs-voodoo-limba.272513/

I'd probably choose a Boardman rigid fork hybrid if buying from Halfords myself

Midsrider

I nearly bought one, 2 years ago....but they had a stock issue then too! but voodoo do some great bikes - specially their Voodoo Hoodoo mountain bike.

For a hybrid, what Vickster has said above - the Boardman bikes are great too - maybe sit on each one and see which one she likes the feel of and colours too.

But either one is a great buy...and 20% off is good !!!

Mardlinboy

Regular
Hi,

Has anyone got a Voodoo Marasa ? I have a 20% off voucher for Halfords and am looking at getting a hybrid for the wife to use and wondering if the Marasa is my best bet

Thanks
Hi.. Thanks @vickster
Yes I am selling my Marasa .. its an 18" frame and in perfect nick ... I've just decided to treat myself to a new, different type of bike
I only listed it last night ... I'm near Sedgefield in Durham if any interest etc
View: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3645192792216120/

Mardlinboy

Regular
I wasn’t suggesting you try to sell it, more you share your experiences of it :okay:
ah right .. I see...
Well it is a great bike.. can't fault it... I just fancied drop handle bars really and less gears (probably sounds weird).. I just found 27 gears was too many options for my kind of riding . I must say it was great going up hills though ... 1st gear was very very low so made hill climbing really easy... I hope the LR is as well spread on gears given that it is only 11 ... all the reviews suggest that it is ... I've not ridden it on a trail but clearly it has the tyres etc to handle that no problem ... I did have my eye on the Voodoo Limba, as you know and would have bought one of these (another Voodoo) but just loved the look of the LR and the info from this forum seemed to suggest that if I was prepared to spend this much extra money over the Limba then this was the way to go...

OP
OP
G

GrimUpNorth

Great price but I'm the other end of the country but I'd be surprised if you don't sell it quickly.

Trying is the best call so we'll go down and have a look.

Chislenko

Veteran
I nearly bought one, 2 years ago....but they had a stock issue then too! but voodoo do some great bikes - specially their Voodoo Hoodoo mountain bike.

For a hybrid, what Vickster has said above - the Boardman bikes are great too - maybe sit on each one and see which one she likes the feel of and colours too.

But either one is a great buy...and 20% off is good !!!

"The Voodoo Hoodoo" that's a cracking name for a bike!

Lovacott

Über Member
Yes I am selling my Marasa .. its an 18" frame and in perfect nick

I'm looking at getting a 20" Marasa for fine weather commuting and saving the Old Apollo for bad weather/winter.

Some of the roads are a bit rough. Will the forks be up to it? (I'm not talking about riding straight over potholes or anything, just rough tarmac and a bit of gravel).

scragend

I have a Marasa, in fact I've had two.

The first one I bought second hand from my LBS in 2016. It was the 18" frame and although I really liked the bike I always felt it was a bit too small. About 12 months ago I decided if I was going to start riding more I should probably get a bike that fits better. As I liked the Marasa I went same again, but the 20" frame this time, new. I think I got lucky just before the supply shortages started.

Last summer I managed to get a week touring in France/Belgium and have now started commuting on it, as well as leisure rides on road (some of them round here are rough!) and some gravel.

The components are a bit entry level, but for me it's been a great bike to ride and I'm planning on keeping it for a long time.

(This is my first post btw, been lurking for a while and meaning to post - this seemed like an appropriate time!)

Lovacott

Über Member
I have a Marasa, in fact I've had two.

I've ordered one just now. Collect next Friday.

I wanted something in between the road bike and the heavy MTB commuter for commuting on in fine weather. Mainly to cut down on my times.

It seems like it should do the job (I'll find out in a week).

Lovacott

Über Member
Just collected the bike and took it for a quick spin around the block to check that everything works OK.

A fair bit quicker than the MTB and the gear changes are sweet. Took a bit of time to get the hang of the trigger shifters (my MTB has twist grip shifters and the road bike uses the brake levers).

Heck of a top speed compared to the MTB (pretty close to the road bike for speed).

Bike looks good as well and seems well built.

Seems very good value for £450.

Top Bottom