London Road Vs Voodoo Limba

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mardlinboy

Regular
Hi folks
I've had my eye on a Voodoo Limba for some time now but have just spotted these London Road bikes. They are clearly more expensive, but what am I getting extra for my money?. Is this just a better looking bike or a significantly better bike for the extra £350?
Interested in your thoughts
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Higher spec kit on the LR (esp the brakes, wheels and tyres)...the LR would be a no brainier for me...but do you want a single or double chainset Or don’t care?

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
Higher spec kit on the LR (esp the brakes, wheels and tyres)...the LR would be a no brainier for me...but do you want a single or double chainset Or don’t care?
I don't think for me a single or double chain set will really make a big difference...
Looks like it has way less gears, than the Marasa I currently have, which I assume are better spaced out etc.. I do spend a lot of time flicking up and down gears where I live as its fairly hilly.. So I guess this would have similar top and bottom ends to help with steep inclines and fast down hills with the rest just evenly spread out

vickster

Legendary Member
Two ?? Are they set up for different purposes ?
One flat bar, one with drops? PX offer both

D

Deleted member 23692

Two ?? Are they set up for different purposes ?
Yes
One flat bar, one with drops? PX offer both
Close :okay:, but both are frame only self-builds

Do it all gravel style fun...

It's currently got FSA flared bars, Praxis sub-compact chainset and Ultegra clutched rear mech fitted

and Urban flatbar ebike

Like I said, it's a brilliant do it all frame, and superb for both the uses I've put it to.

Everyone loves the colour as well :becool:

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
thanks for all the feedback folks .. much appreciated .. looks like the LR is the way to go ... just before I go order one is there any other bike / model that you're thinking 'I'd be looking at these if I had that budget'

vickster

Legendary Member
thanks for all the feedback folks .. much appreciated .. looks like the LR is the way to go ... just before I go order one is there any other bike / model that you're thinking 'I'd be looking at these if I had that budget'
Stocks are super low of many bikes so probably unlikely to find anything much else.
Decathlon do have this which doesn’t have the awkward wheels of the 520 I believe. Comes with 28mm tyres but says it’ll take up to 36mm (more if switch to smaller wheels)

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/cycle-touring-road-bike-rc500-disc-brake/_/R-p-308097

depending on where you are and what size you want, you might even find one in stock in a store to look at

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
Yes
Close :okay:, but both are frame only self-builds

Do it all gravel style fun...

View attachment 575882
It's currently got FSA flared bars, Praxis sub-compact chainset and Ultegra clutched rear mech fitted

and Urban flatbar ebike

View attachment 575883

Like I said, it's a brilliant do it all frame, and superb for both the uses I've put it to.

Everyone loves the colour as well :becool:
The LR is advertised as a road bike but in the blurb says its just as happy on a trail...
The tyres look fairly thin compared to my Marasa, so what are these like for occasional tow path, old railway line, basic trails etc? The Marrasa is built as a hybrid
My use will defo be 90% Road and occasional trail
Apols for so many questions...

Top Bottom