London Road Vs Voodoo Limba

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
The LR is advertised as a road bike but in the blurb says its just as happy on a trail...
The tyres look fairly thin compared to my Marasa, so what are these like for occasional tow path, old railway line, basic trails etc? The Marrasa is built as a hybrid
My use will defo be 90%Road and occass
Apols for so many questions...
Absolutely fine. You can always put fatter tyres on if needed (check what the max is). Comes with 32mm as standard which is pretty fat for a roadbike

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
The stock tyres will be fine. Max is 35mm which could easily be 38/40 depending on tyre brand.

D

Deleted member 23692

My ebike LR is running 40mm and mudguards.

Also check the geometry - it's closer ( almost bang on) to Px's gravel offerings than their road bikes

DRM

Guru
thanks so much for all your advice ... very much appreciated ... I have just ordered one :-)
Good one :okay: I don't think you'll be disappointed, I started off with a cheap, new Carerra Zelos road bike, with hindsight I'd have been better getting a better bike from the start, it would have been cheaper for starters, as the Zelos was replaced by a better bike & now lives on the turbo trainer, out of interest which colour are you getting? I like the Lime green colour they come in.
Don't forget photos when it arrives

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
Good one :okay: I don't think you'll be disappointed, I started off with a cheap, new Carerra Zelos road bike, with hindsight I'd have been better getting a better bike from the start, it would have been cheaper for starters, as the Zelos was replaced by a better bike & now lives on the turbo trainer, out of interest which colour are you getting? I like the Lime green colour they come in.
Don't forget photos when it arrives
Yep, I've gone Zesty lime 👍😎
So I now have a good as new Marrasa to sell too

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, I've gone Zesty lime 👍😎
So I now have a good as new Marrasa to sell too
Should sell easily on eBay, just wait for free listings weekend or Gumtree

OP
OP
Mardlinboy

Mardlinboy

Regular
Absolutely fine. You can always put fatter tyres on if needed (check what the max is). Comes with 32mm as standard which is pretty fat for a roadbike
Yes, it says max is 35mm.. Would that extra width make a noticeable difference?
Anyway.. Just got to wait a week and then I'll be out trying it out 😎

T.M.H.N.E.T

Wouldn't be a massive jump. I think though, recommended max tyre sizes are partly down to the wheelset on the build. The LR has plenty of space under my mudguards for a bigger tyre than I run (28 occasionally 30CX tyre)

And my Ribble CX has a stated max of 38, when theres room for tyres in the upper 40-50 range.

T.M.H.N.E.T

I'll be swapping wheels and tyres around tomorrow, can fit a 38c gravelking... *Try

Theres massive space :laugh:
Can get a 10mm allen key between tyre and fork with a 28 and mudguard on. A 35 isn't going to trouble the rear

My front guards quite low too so it could be lifted further away from the tyre

Top Bottom