• Spezialised Allez elite £1K

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Spezialised Vienna Globe 4 (Nexus) £500

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Giant sub r zero (alfine) £650

• Charge Mixer (alfine) £900

• Something else !!! (please dont........)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

Hi, my choice of bikes on cycle2work has reduced me to quivering wreck of indecision, please choose 4 me. If i choose a road bike i will retire my current allez to commuting duties

Boardman - Great bike great value, too uncomfortable?

Allez elite - i have a five year old allez which has been great.

Spesch vienna globe nexus - sensible commuter bike - Dull?

Giant sub r zero alfine - nice desirable commuter

Charge mixer alfine - very sexy commuter - excessive?

Jake

hmm well i have the "Spezialised Allez elite £1K" a few bugs with it, but amazing bike. But don't buy one. Why? because i've only seen 2 others out there and i don't want to see any more lol

MajorMantra

Ribble Carbon Sportive.

(I'm biased.)

Better groupset than any you've listed except possibly the Boardman, and maybe more comfortable than the same.

Matthew

buggi

Bird Saviour
torn between the boardman and the specialized. i opted for boardman coz i haven't seen the spec for the specialized. but then i might have to change my mind coz specialized are good bikes and boardman's look a bit boring.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Allez elite - i have a five year old allez which has been great.

I think you've already made your choice there ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Gah, this isn't how this sort of thing works at all, Andy.

You're supposed to put 4 or 5 wildly unsuitable bikes, one that will do the job admirably, and then ignore us all and buy an unsuitable one.

Tch. Some people.

J4CKO

I am using a borrowed Felt F65 and I am very impressed, not to agressive geometery, lovely ride, comfy, to say I am quite taken with it is an understatement. Can get it on Wiggle for £840, was £1200 last year.

just to add some further indecision there you understand ;)

OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

God Halfords are useless!

The CC public have spoken. I went to order a boardman team carbon to be told 'non in stock till august' Thats no good as our ctw finishes in july.

Rang the c2w team to order an allez. NO NO NO we have boardmans in stock.' i have just checked. Go back to the store and they will order you one'

Store ' none in stock mate'

He double checks and finds a bit of paper saying they are. He order me one, doesnt know when or indeed if it will ever be delivered, or indeed if these bikes actually exist. I ask him to ring and check. He cant get through 'its crap they made all the staff in there redundant bar one person, we can never get through!'

Good Grief, i am trying to buy a £1000 bike ffs! How are this company still in business?

Top Bottom