VPN issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks, @Shaun
I'm aware of issues with using a VPN when logging in and up to now it's simple enough to change the location but recently I have been getting the message that I'm banned (or my IP is) mid session. One minute I'm reading or typing but if I go to change page or hit send I am locked out.

Any suggestions other than drop the VP?

Thank you

If it is happening mid session it sounds like your VPN is set to hop IP addresses, alleged to further anonymise you, and its landing on a blocked address.

Have a look into settings and see if you can turn hopping off.

cheys03

Veteran
I've been getting this too lately when using a VPN. Choosing a different 'location' (of the VPN servers) helps, but it's not a cure.

cheys03

Veteran
UK, Manchester is banned the most for me. US addresses seem more reliable. The US authorities are fairly firm on this sort of thing - they don't like the competition

OP
OP
HobbesOnTour
I understand one can instruct the VPN app on what country we want it to assign to us.
Just tell your app never to assign you IPs from Asia or Russia, those are the most banned by CC.

L don't know what you think I might be getting up to, ^_^ but he locations are all "mainstream" countries - UK, Ireland, Spain, NL mainly.
It used to be that I might need to change the location the odd time to log in but lately, and more frequently, I'm logged in and then later I get kicked out.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
UK, Manchester is banned the most for me.
On here?
Strange!
I will put it the attention of @Shaun

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think it comes with the VPN territory. I’ve had a spate of CAPTCHA marathons with google lately for a UK-located VPN server.

Most authentication is delegated to third-party or social providers these days and the logic used to determine whether to challenge or reject a user is pretty opaque. The system I work on uses Microsoft Azure’s auth services, which considers a number of potential risk factors before deciding to let a user in, go down the multi factor route or just tell the user to go flip themselves. TBH it doesn’t always convince.

And if I have to click another ****ing sidewalk….

Top Bottom