Vredestein Fortezza Senso Xtreme Cold Wet Weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Save your money, absolute rubbish !!!
I puchased a brand new set of these from a cycle shop on an internet auction site for £63.00 after reading all the great Reviews.
1st ride out last Sunday got to 6 miles then puncture leaving a big gash in the tread so i got in touch with the shop and they said i was just unlucky but send it back so we can have a look at it, "but don't get your hopes up".
Then today whilst out on a longer ride having replaced the rear tyre and leaving the other one on the front wheel,
just cruising along then out of the blue tap tap tap BANG front wheel sidewall blowout in the middle of no where,(great)
Luckily a good mate of mine works for Rutland Cycles formerly Station Cycles Histon, Cambs.
Gave him a call and he jumped in the Van luckily and 20 mins later new specialized tyre on the front saving me a 20 mile walk home in cleats.
He is a Bike mechanic at the shop and a very keen cyclist and couldn't believe the state of it and has never seen such a poorly constructed tyre and folding bead.
So rant over and i will now be sending Both of them back and will let you know the outcome, whether the shop is worthy of a good mention or a stay away shop,
Will let you know soon,,,

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Save your money, absolute rubbish !!!
I puchased a brand new set of these from a cycle shop on an internet auction site for £63.00 after reading all the great Reviews.
1st ride out last Sunday got to 6 miles then puncture leaving a big gash in the tread so i got in touch with the shop and they said i was just unlucky but send it back so we can have a look at it, "but don't get your hopes up".
Then today whilst out on a longer ride having replaced the rear tyre and leaving the other one on the front wheel,
just cruising along then out of the blue tap tap tap BANG front wheel sidewall blowout in the middle of no where,(great)
Luckily a good mate of mine works for Rutland Cycles formerly Station Cycles Histon, Cambs.
Gave him a call and he jumped in the Van luckily and 20 mins later new specialized tyre on the front saving me a 20 mile walk home in cleats.
He is a Bike mechanic at the shop and a very keen cyclist and couldn't believe the state of it and has never seen such a poorly constructed tyre and folding bead.
So rant over and i will now be sending Both of them back and will let you know the outcome, whether the shop is worthy of a good mention or a stay away shop,
Will let you know soon,,,
That's disappointing. I have been running the Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps (an older model) on two different bikes in less than ideal conditions and they have held up well.

I know it's not racing tyres,but not long ago I had Vreddy Black Panther XTREM's
Probably one of the best tyres I have used,but unfortunately they only made them to a certain width.
And as my terrain and style of MTB'ing changed, that put paid to them.
I'm on Vittoria tyres now,with the Graphene compound and will definately stick with those.
And they come recommended btw.Great tyres.
Sorry to hear of your problems with them and I think you got unlucky with them.
As the quality is usually pretty spot on.

OP
OP
D

dandello

going through a paypal dispute as shop WOULD NOT reply or speak to me,
Will let you know who they are soon so people can be careful in future

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Unfortunately proof of posting does not indicate proof of receipt. No matter how unscrupulous a retailer may be, you cannot assume the goods were actually returned to them without using a postage method which confirms receipt. As for the tyres, would it be possible that they were knock-offs?

Top Bottom