Vrienden ops de fiets, Dutch b&b

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

I used this organisation some years ago,just wondering if it's still going ?
For those who don't know, it's a organisation that offers bed & breakfast in people's own homes, usually a spare room they have, for a fixed fee, generally far cheaper than normal rates.
I was paying around 15 euro per night, but that's perhaps 10 yrs ago.
Have things changed?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
They still have a website https://www.vriendenopdefiets.nl/ so it looks like they're still going.

I'm a member, too. The website is also available in English. In my experience, most of the hosts are active couples who found themselves with spare rooms when their children left home. Breakfasts are plentiful and nearly always include a boiled egg (evening meals are not provided). Never had any bad experiences as a guest. If you want to stay with someone, ring them a couple of days in advance to give them time to sort out your room and buy in some victuals. We used to host but got fed up of groups of people ringing on Friday evening and demanding pasta just as we were about to go out.

I used this organisation some years ago,just wondering if it's still going ?
For those who don't know, it's a organisation that offers bed & breakfast in people's own homes, usually a spare room they have, for a fixed fee, generally far cheaper than normal rates.
I was paying around 15 euro per night, but that's perhaps 10 yrs ago.
Have things changed?

As above, they're still in operation. However, any mention of them on here and elsewhere suggests that advance booking (a long time in advance!) is necessary.

Top Bottom