Vuelta 2014, **el sp-olé-rs**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Betancur already looking as lively as he did in last year's Vuelta. The Sporza (belgian sport channel) commentators called him actually "the fatty" :eek::biggrin::B) when they saw him arriving about a minute after the peloton.
Weird guy that... such potential but so irregular (he could potentially be worse than Thomas De Gendt, since Betancur's climbing potential is much higher)

He's basically on a personal protest against his team.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
But Matthews had that all the way - I really like the way he rides, and tactically he's so often spot on for someone so relatively young.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
This may have been mentioned earlier, but I just watched the ITV highlights programme and I thought the coverage, direction and continuity of the race was completely lame.
There were half arsed shots of distant egrets and beaches from afar for what seemed like minutes. Do these TV people have any clue?

This may have been mentioned earlier, but I just watched the ITV highlights programme and I thought the coverage, direction and continuity of the race was completely lame.
There were half arsed shots of distant egrets and beaches from afar for what seemed like minutes. Do these TV people have any clue?
I hear ya, but the TV coverage is also aimed at potential tourists, so they use it as a kind of advert for the country or region I guess.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Commentary is a bit sad too. Assume the pictures come from Spanish TV?

montage

God Almighty
watching the live pictures and something struck me.

The Astana kit really is truly terrible

jarlrmai

Veteran
The ITV and Eurosport pictures looked identical from what I saw, that was a fun run in to the finish yesterday,

Sky team went missing a bit though...

Hont

Guru
Anyone see Reynes nearly causing a post-finish line pile up by banging his handlebars so hard his front wheel jumped about a foot to the left. Just missed the guy behind (which I think was the red jersey - Matthews)

That would have been comedy gold.

Top Bottom